Friday, October 14, 2011

Plant Sale

People ask me if I plan to have the plant sale the weekend after Mother's Day that I have had for around ten years.   I re-use old flower pots and use woods dirt and garden soil.  By not having to buy these things, I manage to sell perennials super cheap.  I just put the potted plants in the edge of our woods and forget about them for the winter.  Some die, but most survive.  

 I have a large number of repeat customers who start calling in March to see what my plans are for the year. 

I just dig plants out of my flower beds during the year, especially things that  have overstayed their welcome.  I'll probably have maybe 400 potted flowers.  I will dig others and sell them without pots when the time comes.  Many of the plants I have are passalong plants I got from my mother and other acquaintances. 

Last year I made a thousand dollars, which as usual I will spend on my flowers and for garden ornaments like trellises and fountains.  These pictures show that I do plan to have a plant sale next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment