Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No Greenhouse



These pictures show why it is hard to raise certain plants without a greenhouse.  They have already retired to the basement because of the threat of an early frost. Our partially finished basement no longer can hold my plants, even if I get rid of a few each year.

 I have been talking about buying a greenhouse with the proceeds of previous plant sales.  A nice 8x12 one at Lowe's costs about $2400, rather a tidy sum.
Another problem with a greenhouse is that it takes a lot of work.  If we had one, we would try to raise vegetable plants early in the spring.  Actually, my husband would end up with most of the work.

 But the  real thing that makes me hesitate is having to cut down the large dogwood tree next to my back door and patio.  It occupies the only really good place for a greenhouse.  It is sheltered and has a supply of electricity and water nearby.



No comments:

Post a Comment