Monday, September 26, 2011

The Kitchen Sink and the Trellis

The other day I found a heavy metal trellis and bench on sale at Lowe's for 75% off, only $40.00.  I am happy to have a bench here and there to rest while I work outside. 

 My husband retrieved a kitchen sink full of ajuga that had been at my mother's.  He put it under the bench far enough back not to tickle the ankles of anyone sitting on the bench.  The sink covers the bare ground and by next summer the ajuga will have spread all around. 

I plan to put vines soon to grow on the trellis.  Another trellis has chocolate vine and jasmine starting to cover it.  Others have clematis.  Next to the sink I am trying to start some creeping cedar.

 Later purchase:  Today I bought a climbing hydrangea for the trellis, which should cover the whole thing by next year.  The label says it will send out shoots 60 to 80 feet long.  I feel sure my husband will use his pruners on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment