Saturday, April 30, 2011

Desperate for a Flower Container

My uncle was getting rid of an old cement watering sink.  Of course, I immediately think of  a place for it in my yard that wouldn't look too tacky.  It has been settled for a couple of years as a home for the huge perennial zebra grass.  Its neighbor is a pipe section of a culvert that holds an angel trumpet in the summer.

Some large hostas reside in an old enamel sink in the front yard.  By planting hostas around its base, I made it not too overwhelming and really a very nice container.  By the way, I disagree with those who try to convince me the sink was once a urinal.  Another enamel sink hides behind the aforementioned cement sink.

At this time of year the only word for my flower containers is ugly.  They have no flower clothes to cover what they really started life as....
UGLY!
This cement sink will be filled with
six-foot tall zebra grass this summer.
 
This ugly sink (I think) will be covered with hostas
when June gets here.
 


This discarded section of culvert will hold an angel trumpet come summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment