Sunday, March 6, 2011

Welcome to My Blog!

Hello to everyone.  I have finally decided to do this blog about my favorite subjects.     This is new to me.  My special interest is passalong plants and perennials in general.  My other interest is recycling items, especially old ones, into attractive and unusual garden features.  My husband enjoys photography and will help me show you what we have done.  I use the name because I have a weekend plant sale just after Mother's Day each year.  I have many customers and people stop me in the store calling me the Plant Lady.


The item at the bottom of the trellis is the base of a stove that I bought for very little at a flea market.  It is in its original rustic condition.  It can be a bench or a flower stand. To the left is an end-of-the-season remainder of  a once healthy tomato plant.  Instead of one of the upside-down tomato holders from the store, we found that putting together two equal-sized recycled hanging baskets worked as well.   Incidentally, the large plant on the right is an apostle plant, or walking iris, a passalong plant that my mother received from a neighbor.  And credit to my husband for building the trellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment