Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Plant Sale


We are very tired this week.  Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of last week was our tenth or so annual plant sale.  I basically sell perennials from my yard along with a few flowering shrubs.  Throughout the year I put extra bits of flowers in pots and put them in the edge of my woods, where they pretty much take care of themselves.  The weekend after Mother's Day is sale time. Many repeat customers appear each year.  Every year I say this will be the last one, but I forget the misery of work and remember all the nice people who come.

At sale time I dig stray flowers from my yard, put them in plastic bags and sell them for a dollar.  Only a couple of items were as much as five dollars.  A few more were four dollars.  Most items were a dollar or two or even fifty cents.  I made $924 in two and a half days--not reaching  my goal of a thousand dollars, which is what I made last year.





No comments:

Post a Comment